The University of Wisconsin Stout, a recently designated National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense, is now participating in the Department of Defense Cyber Scholarship Program.
- Do you want to pursue a challenging profession in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance?
- Do you want to work for the Department of Defense and help defend our nation's cyberspace?
- Do you want to have your education paid for?
In 2018-19 our first student received the full tuition and $25,000 stipend scholarship. Two new students were awarded the scholarship in 2019-20, and the previous student was renewed for a third year.
- An undergraduate student will be paid a stipend of $25,000 per academic year (BS degree) and a graduate student will be paid a stipend of $30,000 per academic year (MS/Ph.D. degree).
- The scholarship will pay for full cost of tuition, required fees, books, and a stipend to cover room and board.
- The DoD will also provide sponsors who will maintain contact with the student during the scholarship period, and who will facilitate the student's entry into internships and eventual DoD employment.
DoD IASP Scholarship Application, Requirements & Eligibility
Requirements and Eligibility:
- You are a citizen of the United States at the time of application.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- Your present GPA is 3.2/4.0 - undergraduate; 3.5/4.0 - graduate.
- You have completed (or by August 2018 will have completed) the first two years of an undergraduate degree program and be eligible to begin either the third or fourth year of an undergraduate degree program, or by August 2018 you will begin the first or second year of a Master's degree program. Online programs included. Undergraduates must attend full-time.
- You are pursuing a course of study at UW-Stout and have a declared major in one of the scientific, technical, or managerial disciplines related to cybersecurity or a concentration in cybersecurity (BS-CNIT, BS-ICT, MS-ICT, BS-CS, BS-AMCS, PSM-IAM are natural candidates).
- You agree to one year of service to the DoD, upon graduation, for each year of scholarship.
- You agree to accept internships arranged by the DoD to occur during the summer or other breaks between school terms.
- Complete the application form found HERE.
- The resume template is available HERE.
- Provide a statement of purpose and description of goals and motivations to pursue a career in cybersecurity and information assurance.
- Provide transcripts of all college work.
- Provide two recommendation letters.
Deadline for applying is February 5, 2021.
Full application materials must be received by February 5, 2021. Send your application package through email to:
Dr. Holly Yuan
Re: DoD Cy Program Application
For more details on the program see the DoD website.