Scholarships are a great way for you to pay for your college education. Since scholarships are classified as gift aid, they do not have to be repaid. You can apply for and earn scholarships based on many factors, including demonstrated financial need, academic achievement, minority status, and more.
Blue Devil First-Year Student Scholarship | $2,000
The $2,000 scholarship is for recent high school graduates admitted as first-year students for the fall semester. The Blue Devil First-Year Student Scholarship is a one-year non-renewable scholarship. Applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Priority is given to students who are admitted and have completed the FAFSA by December 1st. Additional scholarship awarding may continue after the priority deadline, pending availability of funds.
Incoming Student Scholarships
For incoming students, the following scholarships require that you interview or submit an application in addition to meeting certain eligibility criteria.
Stout Scholars | $5,000 (renewal option)
The selective Stout Scholars Scholarship is awarded to just three outstanding students! You are eligible if you meet these criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.67 or higher AND
- ACT composite score of 27 or higher
or SAT total score of at least 1280 AND
- Recent high school graduate admitted as a first-year student to UW-Stout for fall semester by the first Monday in February
- Updated credentials must be received by the first Monday in February
Although our current admissions criteria does not require a test score submission at this time, this scholarship WILL REQUIRE a test score on file by the first Monday in February.
Students who meet these requirements will be invited by email to attend a Stout Scholars Day event in February. This scholarship is renewable for an additional three years ($5,000 per year) as long as the student maintains eligibility, for a total value of $20,000.
Out of State Scholarship | $2,000 (renewal option)
This is a $2,000 scholarship, you are eligible if you meet these criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher AND
- Transfer student OR recent high school graduate admitted as a first-year student to UW-Stout for fall semester
- Enrolled as an on-campus student (online or customized instruction not eligible)
- Students that would be considered out-of-state, meaning there is no reciprocity agreement and/or other agreement like the Midwest Student Exchange Program or Tuition Waiver
This scholarship is renewable for an additional three years ($2,000 per year) as long as the student remains enrolled full-time and in good academic standing.
Honors College Scholarship | $1,000 (renewal option contingent on available funding)
This is a $1,000 scholarship for select freshmen entering the Honors College. You are eligible for consideration for this scholarship if you meet these criteria:
- Recent high school graduate admitted as a first-year student to UW-Stout for fall semester, contingent on acceptance to the Honors College.
- Complete the Honors College Application by the first Monday in February.
A maximum of 15 scholarships are available. Each scholarship is renewable for an additional three years (up to $1,000 per year) as long as the student maintains eligibility and university funding remains available, for a total package of up to $4,000 over four years.
Transfer Student Scholarship | $1,000
You may be eligible for a Transfer Student Scholarship if you meet these criteria for Fall semester start:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher from your previous institution
- Must be pursuing an on campus major (customized instruction students do not qualify)
- Transferring a minimum of 24 credits, but no more than 90 credits.
- Admitted to UW-Stout by June 1st with final transcripts due by the second Monday in June.
- Completed your FAFSA to be considered for any need-based scholarship decisions.
Each recipient will receive $1,000 with half the amount awarded in the fall semester and half in the spring semester. We will notify recipients by mail, email, and as a part of your financial aid package sent out in late June. Scholarship dollars are limited and not all eligible transfer students will receive a scholarship.
Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Scholarship | $1,500 - $2,500
This scholarship is offered only to qualified students transferring directly from two-year colleges for a Fall semester start. Download PDF to access the fill-in-able application form. Please apply by the second Monday in June. PTK Transfer Scholarship (PDF)