Winterm & Summer Session Registration

Apply for Winterm & Summer Session classes with helpful step-by-step guides to view your enrollment date and search for courses.
In this Section

Summer Registration Opens March 6!

A complete list of Summer and Winterm courses is available in Access Stout.

Credit Limits


  • Undergraduate: Up to 12 credits
  • Graduate: Up to 10 credits 


  • Undergraduate & Graduate Students:  Up to 4 credits 

Requests for an exception in special circumstances must be approved by the appropriate program director. Due to the compressed schedule of instruction, it is recommended that at most one credit per week be taken during the summer session(s) for which the student is enrolled. Students may not register for classes that conflict with another class on their schedule. The program director's signature (if approved) must accompany the registration. 

Students who register for more than the above limits with written approval and find they cannot carry the added courses will be responsible for all course fees incurred unless the course is dropped within the refund period.

Registration Tips

New Degree-Seeking Students

Degree-seeking students who are new and want to take a Summer or Winterm course should contact Admissions to backdate/change their admit term to Summer or Winterm. A Summer/Winterm Session Registration form does not need to be submitted for degree-seeking students.  

New Non-Degree Seeking Students

For new non-degree seeking students who are not continuing on to the next term, a Summer/Winterm Session Registration Form must be filled out online and submitted. Once the Summer/Winterm Session Registration form has been received and processed, an email will be sent out with further instructions for completing the Student Account Contract, which is required before registration can begin.

After completing your Student Account Contract, follow these helpful step-by-step guides to view your enrollment date and search for courses. To search for courses you can use this Access Stout link without an account.   

High School Students

High school students are still required to submit an application for admission.

How to Apply: High School / Non-degree Students

If a course you are registering for requires a prerequisite you completed at an institution other than UW-Stout, then you must forward an official transcript to UW-Stout Admissions Office to confirm completion of the prerequisite.

Additional Information

University Housing

Please check for housing updates on the Housing Gateway.

Campus Card

Please check with the Campus Card office on how to receive your new BlueCard.


Please check the Instructional Resource Services/Textbooks website for information on textbook rental and other required resources.

On-Campus Childcare

Please check the Child and Family Study Center website for the latest schedule.

Parking Permit

Please check the Parking Services website for updates on parking permits.