Any student can sign up for a mentor and mentorships are open to all returning students.
This is a low time commitment opportunity to help guide new students at UW-Stout. Here’s how the Veteran Mentorship Program works:
- First-year student veterans complete a survey about themselves and their backgrounds.
- Mentor Collective matches students and mentors based on similar interests and backgrounds, or what’s important to them.
- Once you are matched with a mentee(s), both of you will decide how and how often you want to connect.
- Our mentors and mentees typically connect just once a month to check-in.
Click here to sign up to be a mentor!
Returning to school after military duty can come with a learning curve. Here are some topics our mentors and mentees talk about:
- Adjusting to civilian life
- Time management with school work and personal life
- Tips to set up for academic and career success
- Additional resources and benefits for student veterans
Consider signing up for a mentor as part of the UW-Stout Veteran Mentorship Program to help you in your first year here at UW-Stout.
When you sign up for Mentor Collective, you will be matched with a current Student Veteran mentor. A mentor can provide support and guidance because they’ve been where you are now.
To get started, register below and complete a short survey telling us about yourself and we’ll match you with a mentor with similar interests and background, or what’s important to you.
Click here to sign up for a mentor!