UW-Stout's Bachelor of Science degree in Career, Technical Education, and Training is a degree completion program designed for working adults who aspire to teach in a technical or community college setting. This program provides instructors and non-instructors the opportunity to articulate an Associate’s Degree or Technical Diploma to a Bachelor's Degree by expanding their technical knowledge to include expertise in instruction, leadership, course construction, and evaluation.
Our curriculum will prepare you to teach in post-high school settings such as technical and community colleges and training programs in business and industry.
- Transfer-friendly degree
- Discipline-focused curriculum
- Option to earn a specialization in Training and Human Resource Development
- Maximum transferability of college credits from most technical and community colleges
- Credit for prior learning options available
- Financial aid options available
- Faculty with business and industry experience
This convenient online program allows students to complete their bachelor's degree in as little as two years with year-round registration.
Graduates have gone on to teach in such diverse subject areas as automotive technology, diesel technology, building construction, culinary arts, machine tool, drafting, dental assistant, and many more.
Use the Request Information form to receive a program summary and learn more about the Bachelor of Science degree in Career, Technical Education, and Training.
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's online degree customized instruction (CI) tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.
Program Advisory Committee Members
|Nancy||Chapko||UW-Stout Student and Instructional Designer||Gateway Technical College|
|Shannen||Jochim||Student Services Advisor||UW-Stout Online|