Gain Comprehensive Counseling Experience
Internship applicants must be enrolled in a Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Psychology masters or doctoral program.
Our online application asks for the following information.
- Contact Information
- Letter of application describing applicant's interest in the UW-Stout Student Counseling Center.
- Resume or Curriculum Vita including counseling-related education and experience.
- Three (3) professional references who have either directly observed the applicant's counseling performance and/or have knowledge of the applicant's counseling-related experiences. At least one reference should be from a professor in the applicant’s graduate program.
Please note: UW-Stout does not offer an APA or APPIC approved doctoral internship, but does offer a supervised practicum.
Acceptance into the internship or practicum program are based upon:
- The student's overall readiness for placement
- The ability for the Student Counseling Center to meet the student's training needs (i.e. - Does the Student Counseling Center offer programs and services that align with experiential goals.)
- Support provided by professional references.
Applicants who meet the criterion above are extended an invitation for an in-person interview and will be notified by the Student Counseling Center if they've been selected for an internship or practicum.