- Students move to campus two weeks before the start of the fall semester to get to know the campus.
- Participate in workshops on transitioning to college.
- Students take two common courses together. One in fall and one in the spring.
- Students meet with the Stoutward Bound advisor and peer mentors for intentional one-on-one attention providing a link to campus resources, offer encouragement and support.
- Participants are encouraged to live on campus.
- Live in the Multicultural Living Community.
- Academic support through student outreach and community study sessions.
- Students will be given opportunities for personal growth through workshops, community activities and leadership development.
"100% of the participants would recommend Stoutward Bound to incoming freshmen."
"The retention rate for Stoutward Bound is consistently higher than their peers. The one-year retention rate is how many participants persisted into the second year (fall-to-fall comparison)."